TAX CREDIT DETAILS
Thank you, Donors!
Your support has allowed us to expand and improve our services and because of your generosity, we have exceeded our goal by $32,000! Our mission is made possible thanks to our donors and we are deeply grateful for your dedication to the men and women we serve.
We’ve got great news! Thanks to an extension offered by the Department of Commerce, for a limited time your donation to CLO may qualify for a 50% tax credit in 2022! If you pay taxes in Kansas and donate $250 or more to CLO, you may be eligible to receive half of your donation back in the form of a tax credit on your 2022 return.
WHAT ARE TAX CREDITS?
State tax credits reduce the total amount of taxes you owe to the state. They are a way for a taxpayer to substantially reduce the cost of making a contribution to a charitable organization.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Businesses and individuals who file a Kansas tax return are eligible to receive a tax credit through this program. Even LLCs, S- Corps and Sole Proprietorships can claim the K-60 credit.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THE KS TAX CREDITS?
CLO can provide a state tax credit worth 50% of an eligible donation made to support our projects. Donating at least $250 qualifies you for a state tax credit worth half of your total contribution. For example, a $1,000 donation would be eligible for $500 in KS state tax credits.
IS THERE ALSO A FEDERAL TAX BENEFIT?
In addition to the KS tax credit, for those who itemize on their federal return, a portion of the donation may also qualify for a federal deduction! Be sure to check with your tax advisor to understand the full benefits possible through this program.
WHAT IT FUNDS
Your contribution to CLO ables us to make critical improvements to our services.
We are making a meaningful difference in the lives of children and individuals with disabilities. Here’s what we will be able to accomplish:
Renovation of the Home on the JCMS & NSA Campus. We can increase the number of children served and expand opportunities for those on our waiting lists–and the space is ready and waiting! A historic home already sits on our campus and, once renovated, will provide critically needed space for inclusive classrooms, offices, community activities, parent trainings, and more.
Addition of iLink. Our renovations will also provide the Campus with direct connection (via iLink) to Behavioral Analysts at GoodLife and KU, allowing for early intervention specialists at NSA to access training and support, on demand.
HOW IT WORKS
- Participation in the state tax credit program officially ends 2/15/2022, so you’ll need to act fast!
- Non-monetary (in-kind) donations may be eligible for tax credits, too.
- Tax Credits are available for donations to CLO. Donations can be made online (below or by clicking here) or via check sent to PO Box 14395, Lenexa KS 66285-4295.
- Expect a call from us! We will need to collect information from you to fill out the forms required by the KS Department of Commerce so that they can issue you a certificate letter worth 50% of your donation.
- You may receive a refund even if the value of your credit exceeds your state tax liability.