We’ve had a big year. If you’ve spent any time with GoodLife, you know we are passionate about reimagining independent living for seniors and those with disabilities in an empowering, connected and purposeful community. In 2019, we’ve worked hard to build upon our well-established foundation of connected community, personalized innovation and supported independence. As the year comes to an end, we’re looking back on our top five proudest moments–and trust us, it was hard to narrow it down!
Top 5 things we’re proud of in 2019
1. A partnership that shines: With much excitement, this spring GoodLife announced a Gold Partnership with the American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR). ANCOR is a leading advocate for the important role service providers play in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). This strategic partnership emerges our brand, broadens our services and opens opportunities to introduce our labor strategies and innovations to a national audience of like-minded organizations. With ANCOR on our team, the future is bright!
2. Having a field day: Close to 550 people visited GoodLife’s Midnight Farm during the Kaw Valley Farm Tour in October. The ag-focused weekend was a raving success! We expanded the community’s opportunity to see our men, women and programs at work and giving GoodLife residents space to practice social skills and learn the importance of self-worth through hands-on activities and tours. Interactive events like the farm tour help create meaningful experiences that strengthen our communities. We look forward to cultivating the many connections we made with neighboring organizations, like the Watkins Museum of History and the Uncovering Kansas podcast, and are thrilled to participate in the 2020 tour.
3. Planting seeds for supported success: When Sedgwick County Developmental Disability Organization (SCDDO) committed to exploring technology solutions to support service providers and empower individuals with I/DD to live as independently as possible, they chose GoodLife as their partner. We proudly work together to implement so much more than a tech solution: our labor strategies use innovative approaches to address workforce concerns while maintaining the human connection with individuals in need of compassionate care. SCDDO is just one of several strategic partnerships that emerged in 2019. We look forward to sharing more exciting news about our work in Sedgwick County soon!
4. Employed and empowered: Our RISE and TEAM Work programs allow residents within our Neighborhood Network to work, learn and grow in a safe, inclusive and familiar environment. We’re happy to say these programs are flourishing! KC Pop Co., a gourmet ice pop company, joined the TEAM Work family this year and offers residents job opportunities that include shopping, food prep, inventory, recipe creation and serving the public. GoodLife resident Zach recently gained employment at a local restaurant after developing skills within our work programs. It’s success stories like KC Pop Co, Midnight Farm and Zach that prove our service models truly help those with I/DD achieve personally satisfying, fulfilling, independent lifestyles in the community.
5. Aging young: We firmly believe that life should remain full of possibility as we age. 2019 was pivotal in laying the foundation for our service model that supports independent living for seniors. Thanks to strategic partnerships, we are excited to expand our senior service models in 2020. We’re redesigning iLink technology to assist seniors in living at home longer. We’re staffing neighborhoods with the support they need when and where they need it through our concierge model and Professional Neighbors. And soon, we will serve seniors in Neighborhood Networks across Johnson and Douglas County, Kan. We are on the cusp of many incredible community living services to support a socially-connected, safe and vibrant life. We can’t quite share them yet, but 2020 is going to be a life-changing year for redefining what’s possible for independent living.
Talk with us about these, and many other, GoodLife services.